Friday, October 29, 2004

the gym

There have been no interesting developments of late . My engg drawing coaching was a big flop , considering my student (Shrikant - house owner's son) didn't do well in his test . Well ... in the time we had , which was about 2 hours , I did a fairly decent job of explaining the problems his teacher had done in class and hoodwink the students into believing that they had understood . Hmm , I always told him to follow what the teacher says and ask until understood . I followed this in school but later after entering the state board in 11th and 12th , there is very little of understanding in the classroom or for that matter even in tuitions . The whole focus lies on getting the portions completed and giving notes which will help in cracking the theory paper . I remember that when in school or in puc, I never understood the reason of doing labs . It was a big pain in the neck , ...it was because I didn't understand the theory in the first place . The whole point of labs was to consolidate on theory and convince oneself of the "Truth" .

Now that school and college is over , I have a 3rd person's pov on the student and i find it hard to see how anyone could be inspired by the way the subjects are taught in colleges . First of all , Engg Graphics must be taught by someone who loves to do it . Understanding it doesn't mean that he or she can teach it . Getting the message across is the more difficult job at hand .

Now coming to think of it , the job of teaching small kids addition and mutilplication and all that must be a really difficult job . I was punished by a teacher in school because i couldn't do multiplication after taking a leave on the previous class . That was really ridiculous it seems now , but at that time it was terribly unfair . Anyway , some learn and some give up , I learnt .

The situation is not really different nowadays , there are situations from which you can learn and improve ...its all upto you to take it up and make use of it . The boss today made sure that I learnt something about the "addressbook "today . Pretty simple actually , when someone who has done it already explains it to you .

On the social side , I am getting into a groove . Not really bothered about going out and making friends and all that now . My project partners are pretty ok to pass the time with and the work day goes fine. The last three days though have been unproductive ... no irs from my side for the last 3 days .

Anyway the weekend is approaching and theres a lot to be done in the gym ,
adios

No comments: