Tuesday, November 23, 2004

the stack is filling up

Whats happening to me these days ? I honestly feel I am letting go of apprehensions much easier than i used to ... a few years back and in childhood . I was an able suitor sometime back and now I am a regular at the gym ... even the instructor calls me "body builder "...that he calls almost everyone is another story altogether . And then the latest to the list goes my bicycle !

Yes you read right , I bought a cycle ... initially I argued with myself that a bike was a better option and I could roam the city with it and take the babes with me and all that ... but coming to think of it , the buses were a better option for long distance transport and there were no babes to talk of ... no gf either . And on the poisitive side , the sheer thrill of going downhill on gravity is exhilirating and when you think of all the money and petrol you are saving , and the calories you are burning , with the cycle actually going places ! ( no offence to the gym cycle ) ... its a gr8 feeling .

Today , I took the initiative and with a little help from the roomie from a different zone , I managed to get up and come all the way to office in guindy from adyar , cycling on sardar patel road ! Sounds impressive right ? Well , the actual figures are something like this , its about 5 km and quite a bit of the distance is downhill ... any way ,the ride back home ought be quite a challenge then .

Another member to be added to the stack of activities is the french renaissance ... actually this only refers to moi...and my revived will to learn a little further in that romantic language ..,
It seems the company is going to be good , with the madamoiselle who returned 'false' to a certain function call I made and a few others .

With the performance appraisal approaching , I am beginning to feel that I am not upto the mark , considering the amount of work partners have done and are willing to do compared to me . The work is just not inspiring to me ... is my argument , whether its valid or not I don't know ... but thats the way it is .

The time is 8 :55 and the day begins now ...


No comments: