Saturday, November 06, 2004

Blog of the century

A few years back, when I was in college ... I was faced with a situation . The situation that everyman fears probably more than death itself . I personally find it difficultt to believe that anyone except someone exceptionally sure of hinmself , or someone who seriously doesn't are about the consequeces can go to a girl and say to her " will you marry me ? " .
Now the number of people I know have done exactly that has increased from one to two .

Now let me get into the narrative ....

A few days back in this company I work, I had proposed to a girl and she had rejected it ...not summarily , but with a very strange reply . She said that her love was abroad in the states and he never reciprocated this feeling . Come to think of it , it seemed totally ridiculous to me at that time , a software engineer falling falling for such a sentimental trap .

And I ... even after knowing this , fell into the very same trap ...or rather was embezzled deeper into it as I tried not to . And this eventually led to my asking her the question that can make or break a relationship once again ...

Using all the logic and reasoning I had learnt from books , movies ,friends , relatives , going to be relatives and personal introspection , I presented very convincing arguments . The result was announced initially by the opponent , but who can stand up to reason and reasoning . Through the course of the conversation , the truth emerged . I was eventually shocked . I initially assume that a person tells the truth . And in this case I must have been blinded by the situation's novelty and its implications .

The whole story of a sentimental lover dreaming about a lost cause and story of a virtual widow and all that ....was as it really is ... a cock and bull story ..a big crock of shit , As Al Pacino says in "Scent of a woman " . The truth emerged as the lover being very real and very close .... living , ironically in the place of my birth !

The story ended with the my experience being updated in the relationship dept . And also that all things are'nt what they seem to be ... people aren't always truthful , who knows the reasons ? but it still remains a fact . So now, I can proudly say that I am "just friends " with a person and this will make many people feel "j" ... :)

I personally always say the truth , at least I don't lie through my teeth ... selective presentation of facts is the safest and most diplomatic approach to life in the office and sometimes personal as well .

I still have serious doubts to the question of "falling in love " phenomenon . Something which is sometimes very interesting to think about and at others the most banal concept ever . Anyway , I have entered the "single and looking " phase again and will for some time in the future :(

So , guys whoever is reading this , never let feelings get over reason ... reason is always right and "Contradictions do not exist , examine your premises "

No comments: