Monday, September 27, 2004

documentation nightmare

On a day in the recent past , when I was still in the blissfuk days of preemployment and post college days , my brother told me of a "law". This law he said is nothing less than the "Newton's law of management " ... it goes like this : "Any work u do, will always expand to fit in the time allocated or available ( <=) " . I don't know the gr8 person who framed it , but u r right dude ... I am in the middle of ur law's consequences . My flow documentation is going on forever and forever ... yeah there were a few extraneous factors which did go against my favour ... but in this "grab ur chance " kind of world ... well u got to grab it . "Karorepathi kumar" voices all the thoughts in his head to all and sundry ..indiscriminately ..and especially to the "lead" ... and thus gets all the attention( and yeah another credit to the guy who said " the crying baby gets the milk) .
The flows went on for the best part of the last 2 weeks ... everybody took their time and then bang it was my turn out of the blue ... the feedback came and the work stacked up . Unstacking it is going on .... painfully slow , I always say ..go for the bigger picture and then everything will fall in place ... but to apply it in this scenario ( hehehe) will take a dude ... i know a few of those knid . Anyway , the details get me so engrossed , I either ignore them completely or go so deep into them that they eventually lead me into blind alleys or just dead ends . I found out with the help of "opener " Halid today that the dead and forgotten flows resurrect at some point and the tool of resurrection is the innocent ^$%*$%* debugger .
Whatevers happened for the weekend is so so distant , I need a $%&^ break from this stuff ... breathlessly waiting for the coming thursday night and to home sweet home i will return .

The Boss from "onshore " leaves today ... gr8 guy , can "basically " get things moving ... inicdentally I found out he was one of the guys responsible for starting the project I'm in ... so destiny intertwined the fates of so many of us ... OnResponse() to that Event ;)
He got a farewell gift from the entire floor and "basically" he was smiling all the way to the exit .

Expectations are real high it seems ... the focus being on fixing IRs ! I ve got a few choice words to say about IRs ... will save them for later . The only thing in this whole thing I am interested in doing is creating something or atleast look at something visual ... hope the dude who said " everything comes to him who waits " gets a kudos from my side .

Getting out of here with the documentation safely done is what i am going to do .... or try to do

adios

No comments: