Wednesday, August 03, 2005

thoughts of a smitten being ...

I saw her one day , in a place of study
She walked with a spring in her step ,
And a twinkle in her eye .
Something stirred within me , a feeling which knotted in my throat.
No words would come and all I could do was watch .

She was a beauty , my entire being said.
My neighbours said no , but their greedy eyes I espied.
Flitting like a butterfly she flew from flower to flower .
I watched her brush me , as she flited by .
For no words would come and all I could do was watch.

Never had I known a feeling called "love",
What it meant and how it felt .
I thought this must be it , for it lead me like an obedient cow.
With love came suffering and a confused mind ,
How can it hurt me so to be in love , could I tell her what I did not know?
But no words would come and all I could do was watch.

My days of being near were numbered,
Our separate ways we went and the same way I felt.
Thoughts and memories I oft remembered ,
The proud walk , and the soft talk and all the tiny things .
A spectator I remained in the sands of time ,
For no words would come and all I could do was watch ...and write .

No comments: