Wednesday, August 17, 2005

at the cafeteria..

I walked into the room ,
People were taking a break
Work's tires most , invigorates some
Got to where the coffee's made

At the counter I glanced around
A girl stood in my line of sight
"Pretty cute ",I almost said aloud
And in her eyes something came alight

For a second I drew back ,
She said, "care for a bite?
"Smiling back , I started to reply
From behind,a voice said "will give it a try"

Words receded and was ready for a laugh wry
Instead, a smile came on, and our glances broke .
And we had spoken without words ,
With the certainty no talk could ever brew

A smile it brought to me ,
And funny it sure was
My friends laughed without a pause
...And to work we returned , to please the boss

====================================== MSK

2 comments:

Nisha said...

hey nice one! :-)

peace

Karthik Subramani said...

thanks :)