Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Shitty food?

After many an incident involving raw flesh or unwanted creatures dead or dying in my food at various restaurants in different cities , I want to let the world know the names of these sons of bitches so that at least some of you would refrain from letting them continue.

Marry Brown , Chennai : I have visited 2 outlets of MarryBrown during my 3 year stay in Chennai . I used to like the taste of the fried chicken there until my stomach started complaining about it . This was not such a big deal since bad food is quite common . But on another occasion I was just about to leave for Bangalore from Chennai Central , when I bought a burger from the Marry Brown outlet there ( the one right next to Saravana Bhavan) . This was a "special" burger which was supposed to have a fried piece of chicken instead of a patty. The guy packed it and promptly took the payment. I took my seat in the train when there was 15 minutes to departure . I opened the packet and took a bite... to find that it was rubbery. The flesh was uncooked . Seething with anger I returned to the counter and shouted at the guy there . The main guy in charge was a kiddish looking north indian chap , he just stood there staring as if his brains where at home , the other guy who handles customers was saying "sorry sir , please " repeatedly. I asked them how they would feel to be served raw meat for money and took my bag and left.

Ponnusamy Chettinad Hotel , M.G.Road , Besantnagar : It was a Sunday afternoon . My roommate Vijesh and I went to this "famous" restaurant to have the most important meal of the weekend , "brunch" . We went in and sat down at a table among the all the other confusingly placed tables. We waited for an eternity before I had to shout to get some service. We ordered some Fried chicken which according to my roomie was a specialty . When it did arrive , I found it was quite stale and was really pissed about it. After making a lot of fuss and threatening legal action , we got a replacement piece from some other curry . Deciding never to visit this Ponnu "myre" samy place ever again , we left with a warning to the guys there.

Kwality Riviera : This is one of the shittiest incidents I ve had at a restaurant. First the guy serves some stinking Chicken tandoori and then he argues with us that it is fresh , the freaking bastard. Anyway , after threatening him that no one from Verizon would ever come there again , his and his friends' attitude changed to that of pleading . I sometimes think what would happen to all the people who worked in such places if they get shut down for such things , but now I think I ll do my best to screw anyone else who wants to play dirty.

Hotel Grand: This is the biggest misnomer of the century. For the stalest food ( apparently because they need to conserve power by turning off the refridgerator at night ) , read stinking chicken lollypop , you can rely on this place. Its got filthy curtains and table cloths and a particular waiter who would put LOTR's Gollum to shame with his shifting faces . I was accompanied by an especially good natured guy (KKP) who was reasoning ever so pleasantly with that SOB... as if he would turn over a new leaf . After we left that place with disgust , I came to find out from him that if we took a sample of the food with us to Rajaji Bhavan in Besantnagar, we could actually file a case against them. I really regret not doing that that day.

Nandhini Palace : This is the latest addition to the really long list of such incidents. 12/6/2007 , 3:00 pm , I ordered a limited meals at Nandhini Palace on new BEL road . This was on the ground floor restaurant . Already feeling weak because of bad seats at work and travel fatigue , I was happy to get the food on my table finally. A small bowl of rice and sambhar and rasam and curd which had the color of urine ( yeah , it really did ) , at least the top layer . Halfway through the meal some kid came and served "dhaal" and some vegetable side dish . When I was almost done, I saw a dead cockroach hidden among the slices of the vegetable . My first reaction this time was , man why me? I really didnt have the mood to fight with these people . I called the waiter and showed the dead insect. He said something about informing his manager and scooted off. I just could nt eat anymore and went to wash my hands. Seeing the alarm on the faces of the waiters I knew it was quite serious , but it was their lucky day I was already bugged enough with other things like the way ESWC 2007 was held in Mumbai the previous weekend .


On this day , I have decided to take revenge on erring restaurants one way or the other ... better not mess with the paying customer , coz one day you ll be brought to the streets if you do .

4 comments:

RvK said...

man i agree with u .. bloody restaurants. I think they never got the word that customer is the KING!!

Deepak Vasudevan said...

Rivera is at least ok for Veggie food right.

We recently had a Team Lunch there.

Karthik Subramani said...

@deepak : not been to riviera after that incident... and have been there once before. I can say that its like most restaurants , u get 80% ok food 80% of the time! Considering that the probability of vegetarian food getting contaminated with anything else in the same kitchen , I would nt recommend it :) .

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]railmani.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Scientific Research shows that nearly 80% of all USA adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.