Friday, June 02, 2006

Insomnia

31/5/2006. 3 am

Waking up in a strange place
I see myself in the mirror on the wall
There I saw an even stranger face
Where was I, had I lost it all?

A day not recent,
I entered. Life so clean
An inspiring rise I had made being decent
Thought I knew everything to be said and seen

A disarming smile I encountered
At every corner of the fast lane
“You the one … who’s needed”
“Here ...you are the main”

At wits end I would always be,
Until the unlikely truth I could almost see.
Every time that smile came back
I knew this was a code I had to hack

A hole too deep I was stepping in
Every helping hand pushed me a little further
Until without one I was afraid to sin
Thinking I was safe in the hands of a brother

As the twilight set in ,
My eyes went dim, portending sleep
The hole I fell into, too much had I sinned
A never ending night, the darkness was complete..

The light came, so sudden
It purged the lingering night
An unfamiliar bed … a naked woman
As I shook my head, she stirred... What a sight

“Honey, it’s too early”
“Come back to bed”
As I stared at the gesturing nymph
A hand I felt on my shoulder

A dream I thought this weird plot
Turning around I saw a mirror stare
In it I stood a moment silent in thought
And then I turned in bed without a care


A familiar pattern emerged through the night
A dream it is when there is a fight
Or when there’s a woman for sex
Or when quake and life mix
And when a mind is made a slave…
For unfitting knaves.

At last the hole opened up dark, wide
I dropped in with a smile wry
Goodbye to consciousness, conscience...And tears dry
I was going to rest in peace, until to work I had to ride.

4 comments:

Karthik Subramani said...

You won't beleive this ... I had a dream about you ... you were doing some gymnastics on electric cables!! hehe , i was really expecting for you to get electrocuted and fall , but by some weird power you were really jumping around. Man tat was weird!

These dreams of women are frequent hehe ... surprised you dont get them... I am sure you dream, u get dreams when u are not very tired and ur mind wanders with subconscious thots.

Anonymous said...

hey karthik i have a question .. are u gay??

Karthik Subramani said...

oh man , all u single males think alike , either u r gay or ur neighbours are ... go get a life anon

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Bontril which company is it made by Bentley 4 litre insurance http://www.dance-partner-7.info/bingosharers.html Stop smoking therapy