Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Some memories of college ....

Today I met some of my college friends online , and like before I learnt something from their eyes about myself .

I ve been at home for a couple of weeks , cause I have a case of infectious jaundice (hepatitis A ) . The first few days were miserable , tasteless food and being weak and helpless . But its improved steadily and now am almost back to normal . In the last couple of weeks , I ate food for its nutritional value alone and with salt alone as my saviour , the word "food " has taken taken on a new meaning for me .

Being at home only with family to lean back on and faced with the prospect of passing 24 hrs for a month at home was a little too much ,the reason is I have been in and out of family life for the last 5 years . 4 years of engg. and a year at work . This is undeniably the only time I ve truly spent with my parents in a very very long time . It should have been done a long time ago , but destiny has a strange way of getting things in place . Looking at the way things stand from their point of view , it certainly makes sense for me to look for a job in Bangalore .

Like I was saying in the beginning , I met some friends online and got a morale boosting which can only come through some real feeling ... and this felt great . Thanks batta and chandan if you are reading this ... I really appreciate it . Some hesitation and doubt about my career path still exists , but what the hell its always there in whatever we do, so I am going for it . This brings to my mind a beautiful saying I once saw in an unlikely place called Yercaud ... It said " You can't see the end right from the beginning , but going forward you can see more of what is ahead each time ...until you reach the destination ". Somehow that sentence stuck in my head .

Now I am trying to get back to Bangalore , or atleast to see where I stand as far my value as a 1yr experienced s/w engr goes . Another day in the life of karthik ends .... bye until next time

No comments: